Saturday, June 28, 2008

Betwixt Earth and Sky (BEAS) - Introduction


Occasionally one finds oneself drawn to the local Mall. That comfortable heated or air-conditioned environment where one can walk, window browse, stop and have something to eat, and just plain relax. For me many of the online blogging sites are like the local Mall. I've designed and developed my own web sites for many years now. But now it felt like time to join the crowd and the local, social hub of the Internet. So here I am on Blogger.

So what's this blog about? Many subjects interest me but I wanted to start in on something close to my heart. In fact my heart and soul itself. In other words, spirituality, philosophy, religion, and any and all related subjects.

"Trigrams" are the building blocks of I Ching hexagrams. They consist of three bars on top of one another and the bars can be broken or solid. The top bar is felt to represent Heaven and the bottom one Earth. Humankind sits between the two as the middle bar. Thus I conceived the title for this blog "Betwixt Earth and Sky (BEAS)".

BEAS will cover many areas from Christianity to Divination to Tarot. I will see over time what subjects come up to write about. I hope you, gentle reader, will keep tuned in...

No comments:

shadowscapes

Others Of Interest...